Most people are well aware that moving house can be a very stressful time. There is a huge amount to organize and sort out when you are moving, and it can end up taking over your life if you do not plan and prioritize properly. This is why you need to ensure you do some forward planning and try to be more organized when it comes to planning and sorting out your move. By doing this, you can save yourself a huge amount of stress, hassle, worry, and even money when it comes to your move.
The best time to start planning for your move is as soon as possible! As soon as you know you are going to be moving, you can start making lists so you know what you have to do and when you have to do it. Of course, you don’t have to get everything done right away because a lot of it will be done closer to the moving date. However, making a list of what will need to be done can help to keep you more organized and reduce stress levels.
What to add to your moving ‘to-do’ list
So, what should go onto your moving ‘to-do’ list? Well, there are plenty of things you will need to arrange in preparation for the move so these will all have to go onto your list along with target dates of when you need to get them done by. Some of the things to add to your list include:
- Booking the removals company: It is important to do this as early as possible if you want a reputable company, as they can get booked up quickly. If you are moving in the summer, removals firms can get booked up well in advance, so book on a provisional basis as early as possible.
- Arranging storage facilities: If you know you will need to put some items into storage, you should start looking for affordable options so you have one booked up and ready for your items. Again, these can get booked up early on in peak moving season, so try to book well ahead.
- Ordering packing materials: If you don’t already have packing materials, you should get these ordered in plenty of time. Some of the items you may need to get include packing boxes, bubble wrap, tape, labels, and markers.
- Redirecting post: Make sure you put a note on your list to redirect your post in plenty of time so you do not end up losing important letters or documents you may be waiting on. You can contact the postal service to get this arranged before your move.
- Booking time off work: While this may not seem like something urgent, people often book time off well in advance during certain times of the year. You may struggle to get the days you want if you do not get in there first, so make sure you book the time off even if it is just provisionally.
All of these important tasks should go onto your to do list ready for your move.