The advancements in technology have changed everything about us. It has impacted on the way we live, work and how we perceive things and most often, the change has been dramatically positive and beneficial. Amazingly enough, there is no end to the magic of technology that brings us newer and cooler gadgets every year. With 2017 quickly fading away, here is a quick look at the top 5 tech gadgets of the year.
1. Dell 2-in-1 Laptop – Dell is a prominent name in the tech industry and like any other year, it has introduced quite a few convertible laptops in 2017 too. However, the two most notable 2-in-1 laptops come in the form of the Latitude 7285 and the XPS 13 models.
The Latitude 7285 is a highly advanced model with a stylus, a sharp screen and a robust keyboard. The XPS 13, on the other hand, is an updated version of Dell’s XPS series. But this one has a flexible rotating hinge that makes it perfect for using in different positions.
2. Lenovo Smart Assistant – The Lenovo Smart Assistant is a brand new speaker from the leading brand, Lenovo. Powered by Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant, this powerful gadget includes eight microphones with the potential of picking up speech from as far as 16 feet away.
What’s more, Lenovo has manufactured the Smart Assistant keeping in mind that a speaker should be multi-functional and be able to serve other purposes like playing music, managing calendars and to-do lists as well as answering questions. It is a welcome alternative to Amazon’s Echo because of its cheaper price-point and colour variations.
3. PowerRay Aquatic Drone – Drones are among the latest technological gadgets that are gradually becoming a favourite among the tech freaks. And when it comes to drones, a mention of PowerVision’s new PowerRay Aquatic Drone is must.
Designed to be a fisherman’s dream in the true sense of the term, this waterproof gadget is compatible with an additional FishFinder. This add-on has the potential to use sonar system by which fishes are detected and the images are sent to the user. Perfectly operational in both fresh and salt water, it has a 4k camera that can shot 12-megapixel stills.
4. LG W-Series TV – LG has been striving to make the living room experience better with each of its products and now, the LG W-Series TV certainly counts among the top 5 tech gadgets. This new 77-inch TV is extremely thin and weighs as less as 27 pounds.
The design technology makes all the difference because the screen of the TV is separated from the guts of the system. It is contained in a Dolby Atmos sound bar that is further incorporated with I/O ports for connectivity.
5. Apple Watch Series 3 Smartwatch – Any discussion on tech gadgets cannot end without a mention of the giant that is Apple. This one is Apple’s third-generation smartwatch and it echoes class and sophistication. Waterproof up to 50 meters, it also comes with a cellular network connectivity to allow you to leave your phone behind during workout sessions.
The built-in GPS can track your outdoor activities while the ultra-precise heart rate sensor is the cherry on the top. You have the option of choosing among aluminium, stainless steel and ceramic when it comes to the casing of this watch.
So, these can precisely be categorized as the top 5 tech gadgets of the year. As we gradually move into another year, let’s wait and watch for what the future of technology has in store for us.