The sunny and breezy San Diego is indeed among the most exquisite cities of America. Whether you visit the city during spring, summer, or winter, you are in for a fabulous experience as the city is always ready to entertain. After all, the city and its people embrace visitors with open arms. You can hike countless trails, laze around on the miles of sand-filled beaches or sample craft beers. In short, there is fun and entertainment for tourists and travelers of every kind and size. If you are visiting San Diego for the first time, then this is just the right page for you. First-timers can look forward to a quintessential San Diego experience and enjoy America’s most perfect weather!
One can visit the city anytime, but the peak season is June-August. Once you arrive in San Diego, you will find that it is quite spread out. You need to decide where to stay and decide upon a spot that is closer to some of the sights you want to see. Staying somewhere in downtown San Diego is highly recommend as one finds impressive and newest hotels here. You are likely to spend around $200 for daily meals and a range hotel. As the weather is comfortable, pack something light but also carry a light jacket or sweater. Do pick your favorite swimsuit and carry sunscreen and sunglasses. Mostly domestic flights connect to San Diego’s airport, and one can rent a car or a taxi to move around in the city. As San Diego is immensely popular with the locals and tourists, do make advance bookings calendars when planning your trip, especially if planning to visit during the peak season. Booking in advance can also help you save money, so if you and your family have been putting away money for a trip, you will be happy to know you can find an affordable vacation in San Diego.
What to do and see in San Diego
When it comes to tourist attractions, San Diego is sure to keep you spoilt for choices as there is so much to do and see here. Read on to know about the must-see spots while on a San Diego trip.
- San Diego Zoo & Balboa Park is simply worth a look. Representing more than 800 species and 3000 animals, it is indeed a joy to look at those animals in their beautifully landscaped enclosures.
- Explore San Diego’s Downtown which is now referred to as Gaslamp Quarter. Filled with buzzy bars and fancy restaurants, those 19th-century facades have indeed been renovated.
- La Jolla is another favorite because of its white-sand coves and immaculately landscaped parks plus the clear blue waters. It is just the perfect spot for an idyllic stroll along the mighty Pacific and to look at the seals lying on the sand below.
- Legoland is a fantasy environment that is inspired by those little plastic blocks. You will simply love the fantastic recreations of world landmarks.
- Apart from La Jolla beach, one can explore Pacific Beach and Mission Beach for some more beach time! These are just perfect spots for families, and one can even hone their surfing skills.
- Balboa Park is the cultural epicenter of San Diego as it is how to more than 15 museums. Take a walk through those beautiful grounds and admire the Spanish architecture.