Sitting on the beach on your sunbed, soaking up some sun, with the sound of the ocean waves hitting the rocks nearby, and the gentle splash of seawater trickling your feet, the most serene and peaceful feeling takes over…and then, you realize you have nothing to drink in your hands and are starting to get a tad bit thirsty.
The waiter, coincidently, walks by with a tray in his hand towards another person sitting a few feet away from you and hands them a big green gourd looking item with a long straw sticking out of it. As he turns around and makes his way back past you, you stop him to ask “what was that big green thing with the straw in it, you gave that man?” and he says “oh that’s just a coconut with water in it. Would you like one too?”.
Yes, Please! …
Can you taste it? We sure hope so!
There’s just something wild about drinking raw coconut water directly out of its ‘home’ with a straw. We have yet to meet anyone who does not like the sound (and taste) of that. In recent years it has become quite the fad, to either drink it or adds it to recipes, sports drinks, and even products and so we thought of jumping on that bandwagon with this article that is here to tell you how incredibly useful this one marvelous piece of wonder is. Not only is it tasty but it is also really good for your health. Read here for more info https://www.healthline.com/
So, let’s dive right in.
Benefits of Coconut Water Drinks
1. This liquid is jam-packed with nutrients. Included in the list of one glass of it is Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Protein, Vitamin C, Sodium, Carbohydrates, and Fiber.
A coconut has two things in it, the water and the meat, which is what they call the soft white flesh that is on the inside that you can easily remove with a spoon and eat directly. There is also a third component made out of it, which is the ‘milk’, made by blending the white flesh (meat) and water into a white liquid used in cooking, or as an addition to various drinks. Also sold as a drink on its own with 50% water and 50% coconut meat.
All these create the underlying reason why it is beneficial to drink it. Click here to learn more.
2. Has been researched to find some link between benefits against curbing diabetes and lowering blood sugar levels. The Magnesium in it helps keep insulin levels at its lowest point. It could be a great addition to meal plans for people with diabetes.
3. Having it after prolonged periods of exercise or workouts can help ease lethargy and sore muscles, while also replenishing the body with electrolytes and maintaining a proper balance of fluids overall.
Studies have found that compared to water, drinking a coconut water sports drink helps hydrate the person, a lot better than water will, and alleviates any nausea or discomfort during or after intense training.
4. Helpful to our Heart and its health, is one other advantage of drinking it. It can help reduce any potential heart diseases in people. By consuming it regularly it can help lessen triglycerides (fat deposits found in the blood) and cholesterol levels.
5. Kidney stones are a serious pain (literally and figuratively) and consuming coconut water, helps to prevent this from happening. Studies have shown that it is better than drinking plain H20 for this particular reason.
A quick run-down on what kidney stones are. They aren’t actually ‘stones’, but rather crystals formed inside our urine from a combination of oxalate, Calcium, and other compounds.
Sounds painful right?
Hence, the role that coconut plays is to help keep these crystals from sticking to the kidneys and urinary tract, not to mention it aids towards reducing the number of these ‘stones’ overall.
Even if you never remember anything we have mentioned in this article, just the mere taste of this ‘juice’ is a good enough reason for us all to drink it and we highly recommend it to you as well! Point to note is, not to shotgunning it down like beer at a frat party, but rather having small intermittent sips as you go along. Sometimes too much may cause a bit of an upset tummy.