Our children will get to the age where they become less interested in the things we want them to do, and more interested in the things their friends are doing. When they become preteens, it can be a challenge to get them to do anything that doesn’t involve their friends.
If you have a daughter who is starting to become a preteen, you might be struggling to find ways to bond with her and get her interested in the things you enjoy. One way to do this is to introduce her to art. Art is a great way to foster creativity and self-expression, and it can be a fun bonding experience for both mother and daughter.
Here are 7 fun and creative art projects you can do with your preteen daughter:
- Painting. This is a classic art activity that can be done indoors or outdoors. If you don’t have any paint at home, try using food coloring or liquid watercolors. Exposing your daughter to different mediums will help her find what she likes best. You can also try painting with your fingers, toes, or even a brush made of leaves!
- Drawing. Another classic art activity that can be done anywhere. All you need is a pencil and paper. If your daughter isn’t sure what to draw, start with simple shapes or patterns. You can also look for coloring books with line drawings that she can fill in. This is a great way to help her develop her fine motor skills.
- Sculpting. This is a fun project that you can do with household materials like play-doh, clay, or even marshmallows. If you don’t have any of these materials at home, you can easily make your play-doh with this recipe. Help your daughter use her hands to mold the materials into whatever shapes she wants. This is a great activity for developing hand-eye coordination.
- Jewelry making. This is a fun project that you can do with beads, string, or even old pieces of jewelry that you don’t wear anymore. You can braid silicone into bracelets or glue papers to make earrings. This is a great way to help your daughter explore her creative side while also making something that she can wear and show off to her friends.
- Collages. This is a fun project that you can do with old magazines, newspapers, or even wrapping paper. Help your daughter cut out images or words that she likes and glue them onto a piece of paper or cardboard. You can also try using different materials like fabric or buttons. This is a great way to help her develop her fine motor skills and encourage her to be creative.
- Photography. This is a fun project that you can do with a digital camera or even a smartphone. Take turns taking pictures of each other or things around you. You can also try taking pictures of nature, animals, or even buildings. This is a great way to help your daughter develop her eye for detail and composition.
- Music. This is a fun project that you can do with a keyboard, guitar, or even just your voice. Help your daughter create her songs or covers of her favorite songs. You can also try making up dances to go along with the music. This is a great way to help your daughter develop her sense of rhythm and coordination.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The important thing is to have fun and be creative! Encourage your daughter to express herself and bond with her through these art projects.
Do you have any other ideas for art projects to do with preteen daughters? Share them in the comments below!