Terms and Conditions
This service (the “Service”) is owned and operated by Piano Inc. This document provides the Terms and Conditions for your use of the Service and our websites on which these Terms and Conditions are displayed (each, a “Site”). You must agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement during the Service registration process or you will not be able to proceed and become an account holder or use the Service. Our Service sells products and subscriptions on behalf of the owners and publishers of third party websites (“Publishers”).
When you use our Service, visit our Site or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. Once you do so, you consent to receive occasional emails related to your relationship with us or your transactions and account. You agree that all agreements and notices that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing. This does not include promotional materials, which you have the right to opt into or out of during the registration process. Once you are an account holder, you can visit the "My Account" section of our Service to change your preferences regarding promotional materials and other communications at any time.
Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
All content included on this Service or Site, such as text, graphics, logos, and software, is the property of Piano, or its participating Publishers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on our Site is the exclusive property of Piano and is also protected by federal and international copyright laws.
Piano Media, Press+, mypressplus.com, journalismonline.com and other Piano or Press+ graphics, logos, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or pending registered trademarks of Piano in the U.S. and/or internationally and may not be used in connection with any other product or service that is not owned by us or that is likely to cause confusion among customers in the marketplace.
Your Account and Subscription
As an account holder of the Service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you agree to accept responsibility for any fees or charges incurred under your account or password. Parents or guardians who wish to allow their children under the age of 18 to use the Service should supervise their use of this Service, as our Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 18.
Once you complete the registration process, provide us with an e-mail address and submit your payment information, your offer to subscribe is not accepted until we have successfully validated this information. To execute this, we share your information with our credit card processor, a secure third-party vendor we have expressly engaged for this purpose. Our vendor does not share your information with any third party and uses it exclusively for the purposes of processing your transaction on our behalf.
For users located within the EU, please note that the Service is provided by electronic means within the meaning of the Directive 2000/31/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8 June 2000 on certain legal aspects of information society services, in particular electronic commerce, in the Internal Market ('Directive on electronic commerce') (OJ L 178, 17.7.2000, p. 1–16), including possibility of access to paid web sections of a Publisher under terms stipulated herein. The user accepts the fact that access to the Service is paid and that the Service will not be available after the user’s subscription package has expired or been terminated by either party for any reason.
When you use the Service to purchase any of our Publisher subscriptions or other products, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information including your PayPal, debit or credit card number and expiration date, or other acceptable payment information set forth in the Service, as well as a valid e-mail address and any other required information. If we do not receive authorization for your method of payment, or if any authorization is subsequently canceled, we may immediately suspend or terminate your access to our Service. If you are entitled to a refund under these Terms and Conditions we will credit the account that you used to submit payment. If your credit card or other payment account is expired at the time of the refund transaction, we will contact you at the address you provided at the time of registration to facilitate your refund.
Pricing and Renewals
The subscription prices you pay through the Service are determined by our participating Publishers. Some Publishers may offer a discounted online subscription price for existing print subscribers of their publications. We reserve the right to work with that Publisher to validate your current print subscription in an effort to qualify you for the discounted rate. Discounted rates are valid only for active print subscriptions. We reserve the right to charge the retail rate if we cannot validate that you have an active print subscription. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
The specific terms of any promotions we may offer will be stated at the time the promotion is offered. Each promotion may be different and they cannot be combined. When you sign up for a promotion, you will be required to provide your payment details. At the end of the promotion, you will be automatically signed up for the related subscription which will begin at the end of the promotional period. You will not receive a notice from us that your promotional period has ended. You must notify us before the promotion ends if you wish to cancel and avoid being charged.
Gift Subscriptions are issued and managed by Piano Inc. The following terms are applicable to all gift subscriptions except to the extent prohibited by applicable laws.
Gift subscriptions are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund; exchanged; resold; or used for other purchases through the Service. When you purchase a gift subscription, Piano Inc., as the issuer thereof, allows you a three-month time period from purchase to have your gift delivered electronically. At six months from electronic delivery of the gift subscription to recipient, if the recipient has not activated the subscription, Piano Inc. will auto-redeem the subscription by activating it for recipient.
Your use of Piano Inc.'s service to purchase gift subscriptions includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or make transactions electronically. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement to be bound by these terms of the Gift Subscriptions and to pay for such agreements and transactions.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
You may cancel any subscription purchased through the Service at any time through our self-care system. If you choose to cancel, your subscription will expire on your next billing date. Canceling via our self-care system will not process a refund, but will prevent you from getting billed in the future.
If you would like your subscription canceled immediately and would like to request a refund, you must call our Customer Care team directly at 1 646 350 1999.
Standard Subscription refund terms for residents of the U.S. and other countries outside of the European Union are as follows, unless otherwise stated by the publisher at the point of purchase, or unless otherwise required by the laws applicable to your purchase (based on your location at the time of purchase or otherwise):
- Subscriptions that span up to 12 weeks (3 months): Customers must call us within 48 hours of purchase. The subscription will terminate immediately and a full refund will be issued. Subscriptions that span up to 12 weeks are not eligible for pro-rata refunds.
- Subscriptions that span 12 weeks (3 months) or more: Customers must call us within 30 days of purchase to receive a full refund. The subscription will terminate immediately. Any requests for refunds made by the customer after 30 days will be entitled to a pro-rata refund for all unused months of your subscription. The pro-rata refund will not include a reimbursement for any charges for the current month regardless of date.
- Please note certain subscription options you purchase may be marked as non-refundable. No refunds will be granted for non-refundable subscription purchases. All non-refundable subscriptions will be clearly marked as non-refundable at the point of purchase.
Refund terms for residents of the EU are as follows:
- A user of the Service who is the consumer gives consent for the Service to be provided within 10 days from the date on which the consumer submitted payment for the purchase of the Service (“Purchase Date”). The consumer is entitled to withdraw from the subscription agreement to the Service within 10 days from the Purchase Date, without stating reason for such withdrawal, unless the consumer started using the Service (re-logged on the Service after the registration and payment for the Service). The user can terminate subscription to the Service by sending a written statement of withdrawal from the subscription agreement. The statement should be sent to the email or mailing address of Piano indicated below, and its content should include the subscriber’s name, any registration/user ID or customer number provided, any confirmation number provided in the transaction, the Purchase Date, the amount paid, and a request that the Service be terminated. In order to meet the deadline it is sufficient to send the statement prior to 10 days from the Purchase Date. In the case of withdrawal, the subscription to the Service is considered as void, the user-consumer is indemnified from all obligations, everything Piano or the Publisher provided is returned in unchanged state, and the fee paid by the user is reimbursed to the user within 14 days from receipt of the statement of withdrawal.
Gift Subscription refund terms are as follows:
- Gift subscriptions are eligible for full refunds within 30 days of purchase or prior to gift recipient activation, whichever comes first.
- Refunds are not permitted once the gift subscription has been activated by the recipient under any circumstance.
- The customer who purchased the gift subscription is the only person who may request and receive a refund.
Third Party Websites
Piano sells products and subscriptions to publications on behalf of our participating Publishers and those publications link to our website. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating any of the content of their websites. You agree that we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the content of their sites or for their actions or products.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This website and all information, content, and products, including the software, are provided to you on an "as is" basis and Piano makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, and products or services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site. To the full extent permitted by law, Piano disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use. We do not warrant that this Service, Site, information, content or products, including software or other services made available to you through this Site or Service, their servers, or e-mail sent from us, are free of viruses or other harmful elements. Piano will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Service or Site or from any information, content or product, including software or services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this Service or Site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
By visiting our Site or using our Service: (a) if you are located in the U.S., Canada or Mexico, you agree that the laws of the State of New York and the United States will govern these Terms and Conditions and any dispute that may arise between you and our company, and that any legal action that may arise out of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Service will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in New York, NY, U.S.A., and you hereby irrevocably consent to such jurisdiction and venue; or (b) if you are located outside the U.S., Canada or Mexico, you agree that the laws of Austria will govern these Terms and Conditions and any dispute that may arise between you and our company, and that any legal action that may arise out of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Service will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located Vienna, Austria, and you hereby irrevocably consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
Modification and Severability
We reserve the right to make changes to our Service, Sites, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, then such condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining conditions.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied on our Sites or Service in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the details to us in writing by providing a signed statement containing the following information:
- your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, and if you are acting on behalf of the owner of the copyright, the name of the owner;
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- if your claim is based on a registered work, the registration number, and the date of issuance of the registration;
- a description of the infringing material and the URL where such material is located, or a description of where on our Service or Site you found such material;
- your written statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the work on our Service or Site has not been authorized by the true owner of the work, its agent, or as a matter of law; and
- a statement under penalty of perjury that all of the information you have provided is true.
Please send your notice of alleged infringement to us:
By mail: Piano Inc., One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007, USA
By email: email@example.com.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), it is our policy to terminate use of our Service or Sites by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Users of the Service may send complaints about the Service (in writing or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the user’s mailing address, telephone number or e-mail address. In accordance with EU regulations, complaints by EU users shall be processed within 14 days as of the date on which the complaint was received by Piano. Complaints should state precisely what the claimed defect is and state the period of time during which the defect occurred. Complaints regarding payments will be processed by the applicable third party payment service, to which Piano will forward the complaint.
Piano Inc. is an incorporated company under US law with its seat in New York and its business address at One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. If you have questions or comments about these Terms and Conditions, please contact email@example.com.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on Aug. 20, 2015.