Protecting your privacy is very important to us.
Press+ sells products and subscriptions on behalf of the owners and publishers of websites and other digital products who are our Affiliates. The following describes how Press+ uses the personally identifiable information (PII) that you give us. If you have any questions concerning your personal information or our data collection practices, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Journalism Online, LLC participates in the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce. As part of our participation in the safe harbor, we have agreed to TRUSTe dispute resolution for disputes relating to our compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Framework. If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with the Safe Harbor you should first contact us (as provided above). If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you may raise your complaint with TRUSTe by Internet here, fax at 415-520-3420, or mail (click for mailing address). If you are faxing or mailing TRUSTe to lodge a complaint, you must include the following information: the name of company, the alleged privacy violation, your contact information, and whether you would like the particulars of your complaint shared with the company. For information about TRUSTe or the operation of TRUSTe's dispute resolution process, click here or request this information from TRUSTe at any of the addresses listed above. The TRUSTe dispute resolution process shall be conducted in English. For human resources data we have agreed to cooperate with Data Protection Authorities.
EU-US and Swiss-US Safe Harbor
Journalism Online, LLC complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Journalism Online, LLC has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Journalism Online, LLC certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
The Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act ("PIPEDA")
Journalism Online, LLC recognizes and has controls in place to ensure that the privacy of personal information about an "identifiable individual" used in the course of "commercial activity" is protected and managed in such a manner which meets or exceeds the guidelines set out in the Canadian statute known as PIPEDA and applicable Canadian provincial legislation.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you register for Press+ and make purchases on any of our Affiliate sites, we collect the following personally identifiable information from you:
- full name;
- email address;
- physical address;
- telephone number (when needed to verify an accompanying print subscription).
When you register for a Press+ account and purchase a subscription at one of our Affiliate sites, we ask you for the for the following information — which is used for the purposes for which you specifically provided it — to allow us to process and fulfill your subscription or other purchase:
- credit card number;
- expiration date;
- name on the credit card.
We keep this information and store it in the United States on a secure system that uses this information exclusively for the purposes of executing your Press+ transaction. This information is not shared with any entity other than the third party we use to process this information.
Anonymous Usage Data
Before you sign up with Press+, if you are visiting one of our Affiliate's sites, we collect anonymous usage data while you are on its website. This information is not personally identifiable and is used to enhance the site to better meet your needs. It is shared with our Affiliates.
Access Log Information
Every time you visit Press+ or use our software, we collect the following information:
- technical information about your browser, device and computer;
- a record of each link or Web page accessed on our site or on our Affiliate's website.
This access log information is used for the same purposes as our cookies — to facilitate our ability to provide fast, convenient service. It is used by Press+, and this information is shared with the Affiliate who owns the website.
How We Use Your Data
When you provide us with personal information through our registration form or the purchase of any of our products, we use it in the following ways:
- to provide you with a personalized service;
- to process your subscriptions, enrollments, and inquiries;
- to conduct aggregated anonymous market research for our Affiliates only;
- to provide you with information about the products and services we offer (if you opt to receive such information);
- to supplement your personal information with third party information, such as address verification.
We also use this information to communicate with you via e-mail. We reserve the right to contact you with information specific to your account transactions. However, you may at any time opt out of receiving marketing or promotional materials from Press+ by updating your account at our website or unsubscribing in the email.
Cookies are a technology that can be used to help personalize your use of a website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Our site makes use of anonymous cookies for the purposes of:
- completion and support of website activity;
- website and system administration;
- research and development;
- anonymous user analysis, user profiling, and decision-making.
Personally identifiable information that we collect is also supported by our cookies. When you visit our Affiliates' websites, our cookies track when you access content that has been tagged by an Affiliate as protected for purposes of metering its site. We have a third party Web analytics service (Google Analytics) that collects cookies on our site as well as other tracking technologies that collect data.
Where We Maintain Your Information
Social Media Widgets
Sharing Your Information
We take the protection of your personally identifiable information very seriously and share it only in the following ways:
- Affiliates -- We share your personally identifiable information with the affiliate publisher with whom you subscribe through our service as part of our business relationship with them. Your data is co-owned with the affiliates and us. You should read the privacy policies of any publisher with whom you subscribe to fully understand their policy. We do this because by buying subscriptions from us, you are becoming their customers, too;
- Service Providers -- We also share your email address and first name with an email service provider for the sole purpose of sending you emails regarding your account. This company is authorized to use this information only as necessary to provide this service to us.
We do not sell, rent, or share your data with any other third party for any purpose other than stated herein.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- in the event Journalism Online, LLC goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Your Press+ account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. When you enter sensitive information (such as your credit card number), that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology. Press+ follows generally accepted industry standards and has appropriate measures in place to ensure that your data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful, or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
User Access and Control of Data
If you wish to amend any of the data that we hold about you or update any of the options you selected on notifications, or if you no longer desire our service and wish to delete/remove your personally identifiable information, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 866-71-PRESS. You can also visit the My Account section of our website to update your personal information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Children Under 13
Press+ does not sell its service to children. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
25 W. 52nd Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Or you may contact the Chief Privacy Officer of Journalism Online at:
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review this page periodically for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Last Update: January 28, 2014